Skip to main content

International giving

Support the global impact made by McGill. Give from across the world.
McGill has more than 300,000 alumni living across the globe in over 180 countries. Thanks to our strategic global partnerships, donors residing outside of Canada can make tax-deductible gifts to McGill. Find out how to make a donation from your country of residence.

United States

Supporting the University is simple for alumni and immediate family. You can make a tax-deductible donation directly to the University, or arrange a planned gift. Not a McGill graduate or immediate relation? You can make an impact with a tax-deductible donation via the Friends of McGill University Inc.

United Kingdom

Take advantage of a tax-effective way to support McGill from the UK by giving through the McGill University Trust. Make a difference by contributing to the McGill University Trust Scholarships and Bursaries, a fund that supports students from the UK studying at McGill, or by allocating funds to an area of your choice. Gifts may be eligible for Gift Aid.


Thanks to our partnership with the Swiss Philanthropy Foundation (SPF), residents of Switzerland can now make tax-efficient donations to support a wide variety of initiatives at McGill. Find out how to contribute via the SPF and benefit from the advantages offered by the Transnational Giving Europe network. 

Hong Kong

Whether you’re a McGill graduate or a friend of the University, you can donate from Hong Kong and obtain a Hong Kong tax receipt through the Martlet Foundation of Hong Kong. The Foundation is McGill’s official charitable affiliate in the region and is a registered body recognized by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government.

Everywhere else on earth

If your country isn’t listed you can still make a gift to McGill.

Call us at 001-514-398-2787 or send us an email for more information.

Donors who reside and pay taxes in a country other than Canada are encouraged to review local tax laws and regulations, or to consult a local professional tax advisor for guidance.